Friday, January 3, 2014

Mom's Veggie Soup

Here's a basic soup recipe that was given to me by my mom.   She doesn't really have a "set" recipe she follows.   Its just one she remembered.      

This one can be made in crock pot.  
You'll need:
beef for soup- remove fat
beef bouillon cube- no salt
1 medium onion peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
2 carrots - chopped or diced
1 or 2 cans of mixed vegetables with potatoes
6 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
add in noodles of any kind

This recipe is easily adaptable to how much you would need to fix for your family.  
For a recipe that uses less salt I would use frozen veggies instead of the canned.   

I hope you will like this recipe.  I have eaten this many times and its very tasty.  You may want to add in more herbs to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! What recipes you plan on trying?